Reliable isolation and flow control remain indispensible across waterworks, industrial plants and other piping infrastructure. Gate valves satisfy these critical needs through robust yet economical designs optimized for various services. Whether molded of cast steel, ductile iron or incorporating resilient sealing technologies, gate valves excel at modulating fluid transmission simply and affordably. Proper specification harnesses their versatility safely years into the future.
Cast Steel Gate Valves
Composed entirely of corrosion-resistant alloy steels suitable for marine environments, cast steel gate valves feature:
- Thick walls resist shocks and vibration holding tight shut-offs indefinitely even after decades of use.
- All-welded construction joins components monolithically without weakening flanges or crevices for bindweed.
- Hard-chromed interiors provide a slick surface smoothly guiding gates for reliable shut-off.
Maintaining strength advantages over traditional cast iron, ductile iron valves accommodate:
- Moderate working pressures serving waterworks distribution and sewage transmission networks economically.
- Compact dimensions suiting tight equipment spaces within plants powered by their corrosion resistance.
- Threaded, flanged or mechanical joint ends tailor interfacing with any piping specification.
Replacing conventional wedge gates, resilient O-ring seals eliminate:
- Leakage concerns allowing tighter shut-off assurances ideal for isolating hazardous fluids.
- Friction enabling smooth operation from buried services to agitated chemical handling.
- Maintenance shutdowns as seal material withstands abrasive erosive media far better than metal.
Standard features include:
- Non-rising stems preventing accidental over-torquing and breakage.
- Wheel, handwheel or motorized actuation suitsing installation ergonomics.
- Bonnet and packing seals lock out contaminants while permitting Easystem lubrication.
Conforming to industry standards from AWWA, MSS, ASME or API, gate valves’ longevity, safety and simple prismatic regulation prove their worth across countless critical flow diversions worldwide. Proper selection aligns ideal designs with hydraulic and chemical service conditions sustaining infrastructure reliably.