Choosing the right swing check valve supplier is critical to ensuring high quality, reliable valves for your application. Swing check valves are commonly used in pipelines to prevent backflow and allow forward flow. They have a disc that swings away from the seat to open the valve and allow flow in one direction, and the disc swings back when flow reverses to close against the seat preventing backflow.
When evaluating swing check valve suppliers, Here are some key things to consider:
• Experience and expertise. Look for a supplier with deep expertise and experience in swing check valves and backflow prevention. They will understand how to properly size and select valves for your specific needs. They should have a proven track record of supplying high-quality, reliable swing check valves.
• Range of options. Choose a supplier that offers a wide range of swing check valve types, sizes and materials of construction to suit your particular application. Common options include wafer style or full-body valves in sizes from 2 inches to 48 inches, in materials from ductile iron to exotic alloys. They should offer manual and automated valves as needed.
• High quality and durability. Swing check valves are a crucial component in many systems, so you need a supplier focused on high quality. Look for sturdy, durable valves with components like one-piece bodies, solid disc designs and seats made of wear-resistant materials. Higher quality valves will provide greater reliability and longevity.
• Value and service. Look for a supplier that offers swing check valves at a competitive price and also provides exceptional customer service. Things like application support, short lead times, technical information and troubleshooting support can provide value.
• Certifications. Choose a supplier with key certifications for swing check valves like ISO 9001 quality management certification. Industry-specific certifications may also apply depending on your needs. Certified suppliers demonstrate commitment to quality, ethics and technical excellence.
Common issues that can arise with swing check valves
• Leaking or imperfect seal.
• Disc sticking or binding.
• Noise or vibration.
• Fatigue or cracking.