As a leading valve manufacturer based in Tianjin, China, TWT has been dedicated to delivering high-quality valves since 1956. With nearly 80 years of experience in the valves industry, we are proud of our long-standing expertise and commitment to excellence.
Our state-of-the-art production equipment ensures intelligent and efficient manufacturing processes, enabling us to consistently provide top-notch valves to our valued customers.
Flow Control Valves:
- Used to regulate and adjust the flow rate of liquids or gases in a system.
- Common types include ball valves, butterfly valves, globe valves.
- Can be fully opened to fully closed to control flow. May have intermediate positions.
- Often used with a control mechanism like an actuated valve for automated flow adjustment.
Non-Return Valves (Check Valves):
- Used to allow flow in one direction only and prevent backflow.
- Common types include swing check valves, lift check valves.
- Have a moving component like a flapper or clapper that opens to allow flow but shuts mechanically during backflow.
- Fully open in forward flow direction, fully closed in reverse direction. No intermediate positions.
- Generally not used for flow regulation, only to prevent backflow/backpressure.
- Flow control valves regulate flow rate and can be partially closed. Non return valves only allow one-way flow.
- Flow control valves can shut off flow fully. Non-return valves do not fully shut off but use a flapper to close.
- Flow is adjusted with control/actuators in flow valves. Non-return valves do not use actuators, just mechanical closing.